Friday, August 21, 2009

Where does he come up with this stuff?

Last night Ian and I went school shopping, who would of thought a boy could be so indecisive? The goal was to get a couple t-shirts and a sweat shirt, we ended up with nothing. After the waste of time shopping trip we went to Finley's for dinner where I had this conversation with Ian:

Ian: "there's this guy at dad's I think you'd like."
Me: "why do you say that."
Ian: "because he's lost like you."
Me: "what do you mean?"
Ian: "you know he says these things that he thinks are funny and he laughs and nobody gets it but him."

What do you say to that? Thanks Ian I love you too!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is hilarious! Seriously where do kids come up with this stuff. That is nice that he is thinking of you though.

Becky said...

It just means that you and that other guy are just not surrounded by enough people who can appreciate the subtleties of your humor. Some people just don't pay enough attention and your mind is just a lot more active than most. Teenagers are just observers at times and are meant to point out the social faux pas's of their elders whether understood or not.
Luckily, my 7 year olds still still think I'm funny. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.