Monday, December 8, 2008

Family Turkey

Ian's English teacher gave him a project: decorate the pre-drawn turkey with your family. Use things you have around the house. This type of project is right up my alley, I love this stuff. The family project ended up being mostly me, with a little input from Ian. I don't know if you can see this part or not, but the feet just have some little colored spots-they were m&m's. It seems the kids at school picked them off and ate them. Notice the little silver puff ball eye? That's the third one, one of the cats (or maybe all three) found them fun and they kept disappearing. I ended up taking the completed project over to the school and asked the teacher what the purpose of the project was-I mean it was English, not art. (On a side note, I learned they don't even have art at Ian's middle school this year. Stupid budget cuts!) She said she tries to do something like this once a quarter, the goal is to have the family work together. Families are so busy these days they don't talk anymore. She hopes these types of projects will get them to spend some quality time together. What a wonderful teacher!

1 comment:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

That turned out really cute.
I can't believe they don't have an art class. That's very sad. I think classes like that really help to broaden(is that the right word???) their horizons.