Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Michigan trivia

Alpena is the home of the world's largest cement plant.

Rogers City boasts the world's largest limestone quarry.

Elsie is the home of the world's largest registered Holstein dairy herd.

Colon is home to the world's largest manufacture of magic supplies.

The Upper Michigan Copper Country is the largest commercial deposit of native copper in the world.

The Kellogg Company has made Battle Creek the Cereal Capital of the World. The Kellogg brothers accidentally discovered the process for producing flaked cereal products and sparked the beginning of the dry cereal industry.

The city of Novi was named from its designation as Stagecoach Stop #6 or No.VI.

3 comments:

Becky said...

So Colon is not the home of the rectal-probe? Did you ever see Joe Verses the Volcano, that's where that one came from. Magic supplies, interesting.
Your an M&M racist? Which colors do you refuse to eat?

twede said...

Wow, who know Michigan had such cool things. Maybe if I had known, we would have never moved.

Julie said...

You know, I'm not really an M&M racist, I eat them all, I just have to eat like colors together. (I may have to correct Sean's vocabulary.) I was going to link that comment to my previous post on my M&M issues, but I couldn't figure out how to do it!